Pages

Monday, December 2, 2013

easy Christmas project

As much as I adore fall--the earthy, deep flavors, slowing down from summer, crispy mornings--I start craving Christmas music, citrus, creamy smells before November's even over. After looking around my house trying to decide how to make the transition from browns & gourds to sparkle & fir boughs, 
My eyes lit upon this window sill arrangement I had & saw potential in those pine cones...visions of sparkly, glittery pine cones danced through my head.
And against all odds, I happened to have everything on hand to make some sparkle happen. All I did was spritz a little regular white spray paint on the cone, then sprinkle fine glitter over it: the wet paint acted as glue. (I'd initially tried painting each seed on the cone with modpodge, but this was MUCH easier & faster. The modpodge had an annoying habit of drying in spots before I'd finished the whole cone.) They were so fun & easy, I made them till I ran out of spray paint.



Now I've got a veritable army of them to scatter artfully around. I'll post more photos soon of the rest of my decor. 

3 comments:

  1. Cute! I haven't even thought about getting my decorations down from the attic. I'm unable to listen to Christmas music yet and haven't baked a single Christmas treat. Maybe next week.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was slightly depressed after our conversation earlier this week regarding decorations. My kids are using my mini trees as bowling pins. Riv already shattered one ornament - waiting for a few more before the season's over. I haven't done any fun crafty things in ages...Oh well. One of these days I'll get back into the game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fortunately for them, your kids are cute. Someday I'll be in the same shoes so don't be too depressed.

      Delete