Pages

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Salmon fishing


Let me clarify a few things before I begin: 1) I'm typing this on my brandspankin' new iPhone because my poor hp finally crashed after 4 years. So it won't be as profound as my posts usually are. 
2) I'm not crazy about fishing but it's one of the few things i've done lately where I happened to take enough i-photos of the experience for a post. 
Let's begin. 


We stayed in seaside at a nice location overlooking a river. There were quaint little shops and lots of good seafood restaurants. Aside from our sleeping arrangements, it was a wonderful experience, right Troy? 

And then it was out on the water. The area where we were is the most dangerous port in the world and it was full of hundreds of other fishing boats. I wouldnt have to go out very often, as much as I love salmon. And maybe if we would've caught more than one , & one we could actually keep, I'd be a little more eager to go again. A couple times it seemed like everyone around us had a fish on the hook except for us. Alex actually did have a big one on but he lost it. Really. The fog was just starting to roll away & the fishing started getting hotter when Dar realized our bilge pumpwasn't  working & the back end of the boat had so much water in it that the waves were starting to lap over into it. We made a fast exit for land. Dar did a great job navigating but I could tell he was more relaxed once we got back on dry ground. 
Here's the fish we had to throw back because it was a half inch too small. We didn't end up with any keepers, but a night on the coast & a day on the water  made up for it. 


2 comments:

  1. Why is the port dangerous? And it looks like I'm going to have to pack some serious jackets if I think we're going to get anywhere near water...bummer! Also a bummer that I won't be getting any fresh salmon when we come out. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, Good memories! :) Thanks again for taking us! Alex may never forgive himself for losing that big guy, but hopefully he will get a chance to redeem himself :)

    ReplyDelete