Pages

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

a wee bit lonesome


This was what I got in the mail yesterday. A delightful care package full of goodies from my sister and a few hilarious letters from the oldest nephews. They were my first and will always hold a special place in my heart. Not that more isn't better (oh, yeah!). I do have to confess though, I might have got a little teary-eyed reading their letters. When one of them asked if I liked him or Riley better, Illinois or Oregon better, my heart broke just a little. He didn't mean anything by it, just 9 year old boy curiosity, I'm sure. With all that's going on back in Illinois, I do feel a little left out. I guess you could call it homesick. But, to  quote Grammy, "There would've been something wrong at home if you didn't get a little homesick now and then." And so I might cry a little, but it's only because I've got some stinkin' cute niblings & equally awesome siblings. And FYI, care packages are pretty great. Hint hint.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you liked it! The boys' letters cracked me up. It always amuses me to see what they deem important enough to write down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I was just talking to Mom today and we were commenting about how un-sad you are to be so far away from us. So I'm glad to see you miss us just a wee bit. :) I have a little something to send you at some point too. :) Anticipation...

    ReplyDelete