Pages

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Christmas decor

Here are some promised photos of what our home looks like this Christmas along with some bits & pieces of the process.
The greenery all came from the Sinn's backyard (got lots of help hacking off "fir" boughs:) Uncle Lynn, are you reading this?). I made the wreaths and garland myself --don't look too closely!  The other decorations are curtesy of my mother, the queen of all things festive. She's a wonderful gift giver & has contributed vastly to my supply of Christmas accouterments. For example, while she was here last weekend, (I sadly & uncharacteristically took no photos of her while here, so you will just have to take my word for it that she was) we went shopping at the antique shops in Silverton, and I eyed this jar full of vintage dice. Dar and I however, have just gone over our spending since our marriage and regretfully, jars full of vintage dice are not in the budget plan. But my mother, that dear sneaky soul, somehow bought it from under my nose, snuck it home, and put it on my bookshelf without me noticing it. 
Anyway, I've thoroughly enjoyed having a whole house to dress up for the holidays instead of just a bedroom. Maybe someday that will change, when I have my own kids who use my felt and bottlebrush Christmas trees as bowling pins, but for now I will enjoy it.


5 comments:

  1. Mom is an amazing gift giver, true. And also very sneaky. Few people realize this. Your place looks delightfully cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the last photo! And I can't wait to see you in a few!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenna!! I love seeing your house decorated for Christmas! I can't wait to see you and Darwin in January...I hope you come over for dinner :) :) Love you so much, Alayna

    ReplyDelete
  4. AH! Is that a Smith Corona Cougar XL Typewriter with Hardshell Cover? Is it a 1964 model?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure of the year, Danielle. Pretty awesome, though, huh? It gets all kinds of use when people are over; it's our guestbook:)

    ReplyDelete