Pages

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

rhody lake...

Rhody Lake sounds lovely, doesn't it? We spent an hour on bumpy logging roads to get to it, over little creeks that dropped their way down the hills in waterfalls, through tunnels of fir trees, waaaay past cell phone service. Only a few of our group had been there before, to pick huckleberries, and couldn't tell us much about it. I was immensely curious to see what this lake was like. When we got there, we kept driving, thinking there was surely a bigger parking lot with a picnic area, or dock, or something. Something besides this small little bowl ringed with trees, & nary a sign of life besides us. But it was. And it was lovely in a quiet way. There were some aspens (I'll call them that) flaming across the water amidst all the green firs & high, lacy ridges of fir trees all around. The air was so still, not even the littlest spikes at the top of the trees stirred. And it was fun to spend time with some cousins & Grammy & the family. We laughed about our disappointed hopes for the lake & ate fried chicken & had a good time anyway. 
There's probably a really good analogy I could make with that...





 My lighting doesn't do the trees justice.
Some of the girl cousins. 

3 comments:

  1. Trees are so pretty! Any baby bump yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to ask about the bump too, Amber! Although I think my baby bump is bigger! :( But I'll quote Jennifer Garner here and say that my baby bump is around, probably for forever, and is called, "R, M, & F."

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a little bump there if I strategically place belts:). I'm definitely on the way though! Busting out all my knit skirts & live in stretchy stuff at home. I'll post a photo maybe if I'm feeling brave

    ReplyDelete