Pages

Monday, May 25, 2015

memorial day 2015

I like Memorial Day. It's low stress & is usually out of doors. The food is good: grilled, fresh, & best eaten with your hands. 

We were a little lonely this Memorial Day: the family was all out in Iowa for a wedding except for us & the four youngest kids. My family was there too, making me even more lonesome. 

We made the most of playing parents to Katie & Riley. We took them fishing. 



This is what we ladies did. I have yet to get a pole...I keep expecting every birthday & Christmas to bring a long skinny package,( hint hint Dar.) Although then I'd have to pay attention instead of just enjoying this beautiful PNW misty view. And I'd have to put my sketchbook down. And maybe even clean my fish...hmm, might have to rethink the pole.


They didn't catch any fish (don't bring it up with the boys-point of pride here), but it was a lovely way to while away the Memorial Day weekend. And Fee seemed to enjoy it, too. 


Have a wonderful Memorial Day, people!

3 comments:

  1. Sketch book? Are you an artist? You should post some of your work! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I will be checking back frequently!

    ReplyDelete