Pages

Monday, July 6, 2015

wes + kinsey

It's visitor time here. Oregon's normally a welcome respite from the heat & humidity for Midwesterners, but this year's been a strange one. We've swapped weathers, it seems. So when my brother Wes & his wife, Kinsey were here, it was sunny & hot. Perfect for a brief hike up in the hills & a day at the coast.
Wes & Kinsey were here for a few days recently. Wes hasn't been out to Oregon since I got married --the only one of my family who hadn't made an appearance yet. Since Kinsey has lots of family ties out here, too, it made sense for them to come see me. 
Wes was (is) the brother who always knew how to push my buttons. It's so sweet to see him holding my little Fiona, & enjoying it immensely, I might add. I forgive him for all the years of pain & annoyance he's cause me. 
Our local waterfall hike was perfect. Sunny, but not humid, clear glacial blue water, salmon berries on the trail. And Wes being Wes.


We chilled lots at my house. We excel at chilling around here.

One day, we went on a drive to the Coast to get their seafood fix. You must get seafood while in Oregon. We hit up Newport Bay.
And saltwater taffy. Seafood & taffy are paramount.
Also chocolate covered marshmallows? Not sure why Wes paid money for one...
It was a lovely day at the beach by Oregon standards, i.e. we didn't need jackets & we could see the sun.

It was Fiona's first Coast outing. She wasn't crazy about the wind. And this (photo below) is what happens when Wes is the photographer.




It takes effort & cold, hard cash for my family to come see me. It isn't just a quick, last minute decision. It means so much to me when they come. Wesley, it was lovely (really, it was.) to see you. Come again soon!

2 comments:

  1. Some great shots of Wesley there! :) haha he totally deserves everyone of them! Thanks for much for hosting and letting us chill out while spending time with you guys!!

    ReplyDelete