Pages

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Fiona | 5 months

Another month is here already. And our Sweet Fee just keeps getting sweeter. I think to myself with each new little quirk, "Now this is my favorite stage." But it just keeps getting better. :).
 She's getting quite active. Gone is the mellow little snuggler we had. Fee loves to be in her bumbo, watching us eat or make dinner. So far, she's had tastes of watermelon, pears, peaches, green beans, & apples. There hasn't been anything she hasn't liked so far. (Pleasepleaseplease stay that way!)
She can sit on her own, but she gets over-zealous & loses her balance reaching. Lately, we've been putting her on her hands & knees & she'll rock back & forth. Might have a crawler soon!
 She still hasn't slept through the night. If you would have told me I wouldn't get a full night's sleep since I got pregnant, I'd have cried. But here we are, over a year later, & while there are moments I'd give up my eyeteeth for some uninterrupted sleep, it is good. After a couple weeks of more than her normal 2-3 nightly feedings, she's back to 2 times a night. And she sleeps in a pack n play now, not her car seat-maybe someday she'll get an actual crib!

Her hair is growing back nicely, although we somehow ended up with a blond, blue-eyed child. Explain that one.
Her blood issue is mostly gone. It crops back up now & then, seemingly unrelated to when I've had a little dairy. :/. We're just plugging along, praying it's okay, & watching her continue to gain weight & flourish. I can't hardly imagine with roly thighs like she's inherited & those chubby cheeks that she's suffering too much. We are sincerely thankful it wasn't anything more serious than a dairy allergy (and one she'll outgrow to boot!) Our home scale is weighing her in at 14# 3 ounces.

Overall, she is a good girl. Like all of us, she has her moments. I have won few of our battles; she is verrrrry persistent. After 20 minutes of crying, she's still going strong! I hope that's something she'll outgrow. Outdoors & at the farm are her favorite places to be. For a first child, she's very tolerant of noise & chaos.
With each new month, she blossoms more & more! It's so rewarding to watch the little being she is unfold into her own precocious person. This month more than any other, I've watched her become Fiona. I still love the moments of sleep where I can observe her at rest, little lips pursed, flossy eyelashes resting on rosy, full cheeks. But I enjoy the moments of interaction so much, too!
It's hard to believe we are here already!

1 comment: