Pages

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Deirest

I waited 10 years for a niece. Not that I don't adore my nephews and would want them to be anything other than what they are. But there's something about a niece. And I've got the sweetest one. I can't believe she's one already! So bittersweet, to miss out on her. I can't think about it too much. Shara, tell Madeira all about her aunt Jenna and how she loved to come over on her lunch break just to give her little niece a squeeze. And how she bought her clothes and had them in storage for years just waiting for the perfect little girl to fill them out. And how she stayed up one night finishing a pair of slippers for her that fit her for about a week before she outgrew them. And how her aunt was there for her very first step she took New Year's Eve 2012. And how much she misses her and wishes she could be there for all the little moments, but that the distance doesn't mean her aunt loves her any less. 
Don't let Deira forget her Aunt Jenna. She is "My"Deira. I'm so glad I got to be there for the first 8 months of her life. Give her an extra squeeze for me today. Happy birthday, Deirest.

3 comments:

  1. She is such a little sweetheart. I babysat them last night and was more than mildly amused at their sibling rivalry. How there was nothing exciting about a toy until the other one was playing with it. How my lab was never so enticing as when one was already crawling into it. But I love them.
    And I can't believe it has been a year since I bolted out of the baby shower, excited to go see my niece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That post almost made me cry. She won't forget you, way out west there. You'll get to join the chaos tonight. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is the cutest little girl ever and she won't forget you Jen.

    ReplyDelete