Pages

Thursday, September 26, 2013

hello autumn

I adore autumn. The crispness in the air, the resplendent blue of the sky, the tubers & root vegetables that are finally ready, the ending of a beautiful summer, busting out the leather boots & mustard yellow cable knit sweater (eeh!), feeling the urge to knit again, coffee in the afternoon. In 10 photos, here is my autumn so far.
1.  a pantry full of summer's bounty (with help from Mom S. & Alicen)
2. & 3.  gourds & potatoes at the local farmer's market

4.  apples!
 5. hayrack ride
 6. orange, yellow, & leaves
 7. mums by the front door
 8. piney, hoppy, dried smells
 9. red maples, helicopters 
10. homemade sweet potato chips (this photo was prettier than just a sweet potato, but sweet potato chips don't necessarily epitomize fall for me, capish?)

3 comments:

  1. Lovely! The only drawback to fall is that it is a precursor to winter...but enjoy the present, right! Today is absolutely perfect...brilliant blue sky and calm. Tory & I have already started our evening pot of coffee habit. We are counting down the days til we see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love this post. I love everything about Fall. Especially the boots. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, I agree. Have a hayrack of straw in the shed, waiting for Sunday evening. Apple cider in my house, watching the combines, semis, grain trucks, and auger wagons in full swing, enjoying the sunny, 70s weather. Life is indeed awesome!

    ReplyDelete