Pages

Thursday, September 26, 2013

what do I do all day?

I get this question a lot--with good reason. What does a recently married, transplanted, unemployed, childless female do with her hours & hours of leisure time? Hm...well, I blog. And bake pumpkin delight & make my own chicken broth. And spend hours out on the farm scouting (another word for cracking hazelnuts, cruising through mud on the mule, scoping out the sweetcorn patch, plucking concord grapes, and occasionally wielding a shovel to plant berries) with the man. And keep my house (mostly) impeccably clean. And do a little art. And dream a lot. And play with my camera. And craft. Oh, I craft. It's been years since I had this much free time. To everything there is a season. I realize now is probably the freest I'll ever be for...probably ever. And I also realize it is just that, a season. One that won't last long. So while it's here, I am embracing it. 
Here's just one little craft I did the other day at my new friend's (who's an avid crafter, like, one of the best & most sincere) house. Little jars I rescued from the old barn (remember?) revamped to hold some pretty little things. Not much. But it made me happy. 


So there you have it. This is what I do all day. It's a little bitty life & there isn't much to show for it at the end of the day. But still, I am happy. My biggest prayer is that I'm not wasting this season & I'm living to honor & glorify my God. 

1 comment:

  1. Amen! May you find the joy God has for you in each season, including the ones in which you grieve. Love to see your craft ideas. And, maybe we talked about this, but there was a time when newly married couples did not work for the first year of their marriage, but instead spent the time learning about each other and the amazing, inexplicable mystery of God of becoming "one flesh". This is an important time :)

    ReplyDelete