Pages

Saturday, October 12, 2013

the long way


It's the little things that make me love Darwin. For example, yesterday on our way to somewhere, he didn't turn where I thought he should. 
"Wait, what are you doing? Why didn't you turn back there?" I queried immediately. 
He just smiled and said, "I have a surprise for you. Now close your eyes & don't open them til I tell you to."  
"What is it? When will I know? Is it cool? Will I like it?" I barked, eyes obediently shut. (I don't just love surprises.) 
After a few minutes, he said, "Okay," (I could hear the smile in his voice) "open your eyes." 
 


That's why I love him: because he'll take me the long way to share a bit of beauty, like a little boy shyly, but excitedly, showing me the treasures from his pockets. MmMmm, I love this man!

1 comment: