Pages

Monday, March 17, 2014

23rd birthday

Thank you, thank you, all you sweet people who wished me a happy birthday! I feel so ashamed that I don't do a better job of that myself. It's been a lovely day, inside & out, here & there. My feet want to dance:).
 I got some mysterious packages in the mail last week & blatantly expecting them to be birthday gifts, I made myself wait to open them til *cough cough* yesterday. They were, in fact, birthday gifts (good thing, huh?). My sister sent a crafty little package via Connecticut. I have been following this set of sisters' blogs for years now & I'm very excited to have some of their latest product! The yarn is beautiful & I'm planning to knit a sweet little something for any (or all!) of the THREE (SQUEAL OF EXCITEMENT!) babies coming this summer.
 This book from my dear mother is joining my ever-growing collection of photo-filled cookbooks. I confess: I totally choose cookbooks by their cover. The sweet little jars below are curtesy of another sister. Her son wasn't sure they were a good birthday gift. Boys, sigh. They just don't get the cute-little thing.
And last, but not least, here is my sweet husband's contribution to the festivities. I've told him that I'd rather have an arrangement he picked himself than a purchased one. He listened:). This morning he made me go back to bed & ordered me to sleep in...then I found coffee & a note waiting for me (when I did finally stir my stumps), that I was not to make lunch today. We had Thai Dish instead. Yum!

 In all seriousness, I do feel so unworthy of all the fine friends & dear family I have. I pray that you will all be blessed for being so wonderful & kind! And thank you for making my 23rd birthday something special.

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully getting goodies in the mail will make celebrating your birthday without us better. :)
    Can't wait to see what you knit up with that awesome yarn!

    ReplyDelete