Pages

Monday, September 8, 2014

guess what...?!

Yup, it's true. As of March 2015 (Lord willing), we will no longer just be the two of us. 
It is very exciting & terrifying & feels right. 
It will change everything. 
I will be responsible for another human life in a way I've never been before.
That's scary. 
It means Illinois is more permanently not home than ever before, & Oregon is home, will be my children's home. 
That's bittersweet. 
My family will have to be long-distance aunts & uncles. 
He won't have the last name I grew up with. 
She won't know what I mean when I say "Fugate Woods", "Dave's", "humidity", "thunderstorms".
But he will have a view of the mountains;
a close family that adores them; 
a far family that adores them just as much;
cousins within months;
a growing-up-on-a-farm experience;
And we are happy & wouldn't want it any other way.

3 comments:

  1. Very excited for you! (But I may have teared up a time or two because of the reasons you mentioned above...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting! Think of you often... Much love and my girls still love you to bits!!! So do we❤

    ReplyDelete