Pages

Monday, September 22, 2014

hello fall

I love fall. 
The crispness in the air. 
The warmth blazing through the formerly green leaves. 
Fires in our little stove. 
The smell of woodsmoke.
The blueness in the sky like an overturned blue bowl.
Pumpkin spiced everythings. 
Slowing down from summer. 
Soups simmering & bread baking & stew'n'biscuits.
Thick, cable-knit sweaters.
Mornings with a friendly nip.
More time with the man I love. 
 My sparkly leaf garland from last year got brought back out--this was very surreal, to be bringing something out for a second season. I don't feel like I've hardly been here a year, but I'm experiencing everything for the second time now!

 I bought mums. Weeks ago. Oh, well. 
 I gussied up my spring wreath with some burlap & mustard yellow for fall. I'm going to put some Japanese maple branches in my urn as soon as I can get a certain strong, burly man to wack some off for me. 
 The chalkboard got a new quote (finally). Work's been fulfilling all my chalk art desires: I don't switch mine up at home nearly as often. 
my thankful tree. I'm going to get some little white pumpkins to put in the terracotta pots. I know they're springy, but they're the right color, & honestly, I don't feel like putting them away. 

Other news: 
Hmm, up to 15 weeks along & starting to look more than just overfed, maybe. 
Working on an old T-shirt rug. Maybe I'll do a post on that later. It's very therapeutic, lots of imprecise cutting of old shirts & braiding strips of fabric together. No planning, just progress. My kind of project.
Getting ready for Harvest Festival at work. Lots of hay bales, pumpkins, & field trippers. 

"In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." - trying to live by this in my favorite fall season!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Amber! Can't claim credit for most of my ideas though...pinterest.

    ReplyDelete