Pages

Thursday, June 18, 2015

a dear friend comes to Oregon

There are friendships that last for a season. There are friendships that are needed for a reason. And then there are friendships that last a lifetime. This is one of those.
 No matter the time, distance, or age, my friendship with Brenda just continues. She's been there in my rotten teen years (Why, I'm not sure, but may God bless her for it!); she was there in the rough times after I quit college and didn't have any clue what my future held; she listened to my single girl woes & fears; she was there when I moved to San Diego & skyped me once a week to keep the friendship fresh; she continued our skype date when I got married & moved here, to Oregon.
Now, it's her turn to get married. Her road hasn't been an easy one. It's not my place to share her story, but I will say this; she is a strong woman. Not because she is strong--she would correct me if I attributed it to her--but because He is strong within her. She makes me think of the verse, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness." I feel so honored & blessed to have a friend like her.

The weekend before her wedding, she came out to Oregon to see me, because she told me she would before she got engaged. It was so reminiscient of our train ride right before my wedding. I'm so glad she did! It was a lovely time of tete-a-tetes, berry & cherry gleaning, & lots of lovely sunshine.

I will treasure those few days she was here, meeting my little Fiona, seeing all the spots here that make my heart patter, loving me for who I am, & being Brenda. Always being Brenda.

And I love her for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment