Pages

Friday, October 16, 2015

Coloring & other little things | part 1

My sister Shara was just here with her family. Sigh. They were here & gone so fast. A week wasn't nearly long enough. We didn't do anything too fabulously exciting. Just lived life as next door neighbors for a week. Our landlady is a saintly woman & let them stay in the guesthouse next door. It was just lovely to have the littles run across to our apartment in the morning for bagels & iced coffees. 

Here are some candid photos from their stay. I love looking at them. Each photo has a back story of moments enjoyed together, as if there are never 2,000 miles between us.

The dads took all (read: ALL) the kids to Cabela's so Shara & I could go to anthropologie. We married such sweet men!

We read books.
We colored. Very therapeutic. I don't remember the last time I colored. Hopefully Fee likes it! Madeira was very adamant that I use the glittery pens & stayed in the lines. How charming to be bossed around like that!
We made a cardboard crown & blinged it out to match Princess Sophia's, whoever that is. I suppose I'll learn who all these princesses are soon enough. 
We took some family photos. Went on a walk. Fished. Welcomed fall & all her leaves & golden-hued sunsetness. 




 Experienced a harvest festival with my friend & her daughter, who's only a few months older than Madeira.





 (Oh my! Can you tell who's siblings here?!)




 Madeira & Fee had matching jammies that Shara bought before Fee had even made her appearance. Madeira was all about matching! Fee loooooved having her cousins here! She was such a good little girl with all the excitement & activity going on. She started crawling while they were here--to keep up, I'm sure!
 

There are so many things I want to type about this little family trip, but they sound hollow in Times New Roman. They lack the real-ness & vivacity that the photos captured. So I'll just leave it at that. And I'll smile when I find glitter for the next three months on the kitchen table from making the crown, & maybe I'll buy my own cool coloring book & awesome set of smelly, glittery, stampable markers for when I'm lonesome & need something to soothe my troubled heart!

(part 2 is coming later. How much later is to be determined by how much I can get done in the next few days before we go to Illinois!!:) )

No comments:

Post a Comment