Pages

Saturday, October 31, 2015

Fiona | 7 months

I love this stage we are in now. It never ceases to amaze me how quickly she learns & how fast she changes. From one day to the next, she is doing, learning, figuring life out. It's so hard to remember (already!) what she was like as a newborn.
The days of every two hour feedings, up multiple times a night, changing diapers on the hour are all gloriously gone. Seven months has new challenges though, like how to keep her from disfiguring herself as she climbs. on. everything. Everything. And she's crawling very proficiently. The other day I was baking in the kitchen & she was cruising around on the floor. Suddenly, I realized she was gone, & went to investigate. She was in the bathroom, standing, holding onto the toilet. The toilet paper roll is next!
Fortunately, she seems to be a lot tougher & resilient than me: she rarely cries when she inevitably bonks her head or slips on our wood floor. And if she does, mom can fix pretty much anything! Ah, I love that! She follows me around & tries to climb up my leg to see what's going on.

She's eating more & more, although I'm hesitant to start table food because of her dairy allergy/intolerance. I can eat it now, although I still try to limit it because I noticed she's a little fussier when I indulge. But she scarfs down rice cereal & fruit. Green beans were a struggle, but she did eat them. She loves sweet potato puffs & these Gerber fruit & veggie melts (confession: I eat them sometimes...they aren't bad!). I love watching her pick them up in her newly developed pincer grasp & actually make it to her mouth. So many new things this month!
She's down to two-three naps a day, but they're a little more predictable (going to Illinois kinda wrecked any consistency we'd had, but we'll get there again). I'm finding that I can tackle longer, bigger projects & finish them while she entertains herself. She's a pretty easy, good little girl overall. We are beyond blessed!

1 comment: