Pages

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Fiona | 9 months part 2

I took a few photos of Fee the other day to capture her spunky nine month self. Nine months is easier in some ways than newborns or three months: she is learning what the camera is & will smile pretty easily when coaxed. Being more mobile though, she kept trying to crawl over to me to get the camera. I had to be quick! The beauty of taking her photos myself allowed me to take as long as I needed & at her prime-between naps, after a snack. And there was lots of downtime between photos. I'm really happy with how they turned out!


 I thought maybe giving her some beads would keep her in one spot. It did, but they were in her mouth the whole time! I'll have to find another strategy.

 We took advantage of a lull in the rain we've been living with for the past weeks to get outside. She definitely cooperated better for the outdoor photos. The lighting was much easier as well.

 And her blue eyes...oh my! They make my mother heart patter! I can just imagine her one beautiful life lived vibrantly when I see these blue wondering eyes. And it makes my heart ache just a little for all the hurts & challenges I know lie ahead for her too. And how I won't (and shouldn't!) be able to protect her from all of them.

 The little booties are courtesy of Aunt Wendy & have been worn daily since they arrived in the mail. My older sisters still spoil me, albeit via my daughter!
 Chubby cheeks, luscious eyelashes, sticky-outy ears, awkward tufts of hair. She is simply perfect in my eyes.

3 comments:

  1. Such cuteness...hurry up and get out here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute pictures! I love her little teeth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is just too adorable!! I just want to hug her!!

    ReplyDelete