Pages

Friday, May 13, 2016

Mother's Day 2016 {Daddy's girl}

The Mother's Day tradition of getting a hanging flower basket is officially a tradition. It made it to Year 2. That makes it a tradition, right? (And, how crazy is it the changes that happen in a year!?)

I still don't feel like a mom. I still don't know what I'm doing. But we're floundering our way along, (usually) having a blast doing the parenting thing!
To see Fee blossom into her little self makes the tough times so worth it. And it may have been Mother's Day, but Daddy holds a pretty high rank, too.


It feels a little trite to say I'm so thankful to be her mother. But I am. Even when she's had an ear infection for two weeks and wakes up at 4 in the morning, determined to be up & playing. Even when she interrupts my painting time (I mean, how dare she?! It's like, she expects me to meet all her needs or something!) . Even when all I want is to sip my coffee in stillness & listen to the fountain & meditate on God's Word & she's there, clanging her favorite spatterware spoon on everything metal & loud.

Motherhood has taught me to laugh at myself a little more, to be less selfish, to learn to let go of plans & roll with it (it is laughable how flexible I thought I was before marriage & a baby! Ha!), to understand the unconditional love God has towards me, His erring child, because of the unconditional love I have towards my own.

To many Mother's Days to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment