Pages

Monday, June 13, 2016

Memorial Day 2016

Our Memorial Day was full of lovely weather, outdoor relaxing, & family togetherness. So, perfect, in other words. 
I love that there's a pond on the farm. People flock to water on warm, sunny days. Good memories happen around campfires & water. This time was no different. The little ones added the entertainment. They've changed the dynamics of the family, but it's hard to remember what it was like before them.
All nine months apart. All ridiculously loved & doted on.




Dar & Kenton have been talking about flying airplanes since we got married. They borrowed the neighbor's to take advantage of the prime flying conditions. It's a hobby I could live with: still, warm evenings in a wide open field with the golden hour descending on us...

We took a Sunday afternoon drive up to a view point.

We can see the point we were on from the farm. I love being able to view my horizon & pick out places in the distant hills & mountains we've been! It makes me feel more & more a sense of belonging. 



We toured wine country then stopped at a charming little market that had wood-fired pizza. If you are ever in our area of the Willamette Valley, I highly recommend a sunset drive through the Dundee Hills wine area & a stop at Red Hills Market for pizza!

On Memorial Day, the extended Sinn family got together for dinner & mingling. Lots & lots of little ones running around! There's been 10 added to the family since we got married 3 years ago. The Sinns live their kids though, & it's the proverbial village raising when they're all together. 





I love the family I married into. And I am thankful for 3-day weekends where every day of it is spent together, outdoors in the beautiful place I all home. 

2 comments:

  1. Lydi and I found the Red Hills Market when I was home over Mother's Day .... what an adorable place! It just snuck into Dundee and you would never know to go there ;) -- Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pure luck that we happened across it! So good!

      Delete