Pages

Thursday, March 23, 2017

Lessons from a two-year old

She's two. In every sense of the word. 
There has been so much teaching lately: letting her help me in the kitchen, planting seeds with her, showing her the blooming flowers, telling her the wonders of being as loved as she is, teaching her about Jesus, praying she can one day be a stronger, more courageous woman for Christ than I am. She in turn, teaches me so much more. 
She teaches me patience (all day, every day!). 

I can quote "I'll Love You Forever" & "Nothing-to-do Puppy" by heart. So can she.

 I've learned that forgiveness is sweeter than being right. 

Sometimes a nap really can solve everything. 

There is nothing so important that it must be done if the sun is shining & we'd rather be outside stomping through "muddles" in our rainboots. 

I know less & less as each day goes by. 

I need more & more godly wisdom (& patience) as each day goes by. 

She's not mine & never has been. In fact, nothing is mine, or ever has been. 

Always, always, always, bring snacks. And a drink. 

It's okay to take it slow. Reeeeaaaallly slow. And examine every rock along the way.

Have I mentioned patience?

Every morning, the mercies are new & eggies & bacon sound good. Every morning. Unless it's pancakes & syrup.

Leave room for the unexpected. It will happen. Especially when I'm already overextended, ten minutes behind, & haven't yet done my hair.

I wouldn't want to be anything other than Fee's mother.


Oh, Fee, some of those may be kind of funny, & I may have been being a little facetious, but truly, we love you. So much. I don't always know what to do with you, but I do know I wouldn't want to be without you.

I'm so looking forward to seeing you as an older sister (mostly), & I have no doubt two will be just as fun as one.

2 comments:

  1. love this. :) I, too, know less and less every day...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the time we're grandmothers we'll be absolute imbeciles;)

      Delete