Pages

Saturday, December 15, 2012

a lot like Christmas

Getting into the Christmas mood is a little trickier when the mercury's not dipping below 60. One has to fool the senses with lots of Christmas baking, decorating, & pandora permanently set to "Christmas classics". Becca's done a wonderful job trimming Horizon View. I even have a spray of frosted snowblooms in my bathroom to remind me what winter's like outside of SoCal.
In 4 days, I'll be on my way back to IL though, so I'll get a real taste of winter. :(. This past month has flown by. Noah asked me today, "Why is it that when you're an adult, the time goes by so fast?" I couldn't give him an answer. Though I've had more time to ponder the mountains and valleys the last 4 weeks than I've had since before I got my first job at 16. It's been a delightful respite. And part of me isn't quite ready to go back to the cold. There are however, 17 good reasons to visit, and I am so looking forward to seeing them.

3 comments:

  1. It doesn't seem like winter here yet. Ty was grumpy this morning because it was raining and not snowing. This 5 of the 17 can't wait to see you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Count us among the many who are looking forward to seeing you. As a bonus, I am kind of off work until January 7 AND we have Jayden until December 23.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand your feeling a little bit as we just spent a week in Texas in the 80 degree weather. It didn't seem like Christmas there - the snowman decorations especially humored me. Even though returning home to the chilly weather makes it "feel" more like Christmas, I wasn't overly impressed to leave the sunny south. Looking forward to see you here in IL!

    ReplyDelete