Pages

Saturday, December 8, 2012

like cinderella...before



Aren't these the cutest liners? Couldn't resist them!
Thursday we cleaned the house from top to bottom. The fridge got cleaned out at lunch. The kids were done with school before noon. All the windows were cleaned. The garage got vacuumed. We discovered the original color of the van. The never-ending war against dirt was temporarily subdued. There was even time to bake a batch of whole wheat apple coconut muffins. And people, this was all before 2:30 pm. I have no idea what happened. Becca & I are trying to figure out how to set this cycle on "rinse, repeat, repeat, repeat". All on only 2 pots of coffee betwixt the both of us. (Normally, it's...more.) As we were congratulating ourselves at lunch over a job well done, looking quite toothsome in our bedraggled state, Noah piped up, "Mom, you look like Cinderella..." then he leaned over to Sophie and said behind his hand in a stage whisper, "...before..." We lost it. He's got quite the sense of comedic timing. Most of the time he is intentionally funny, but some of the funniest times are on accident. On our way to pick up more visitors at the airport, Noah was working on a homework crossword puzzle. Sophie read the clue, "The groom walked his ______ around the track."
        "That's easy!" Noah exclaimed. "The groom walked his bride around the track." I'm surprised Becca managed to stay on the road.
        And since I've hit most of the mundane topics (funny things kids say, baking, cleaning, running errands--Wes, are you rolling your eyes yet, saying, "women!"?) I'm also going to talk about the weather:  it looks like it will be another beautiful day here in San Diego, although a little chilly at 65. (And I've lost a bit of my smugness since it's been about that back in the Midwest. But hey, I'm glad for it. Do you think it will stick around til the 18th? I wouldn't mind if I never experience temperatures below 55 this winter...)

3 comments:

  1. Hilarious! Kids are the best comedians! Sounds like you are earning your keep out there, Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. About that warm weather...I think you spoke too soon! The snow plows were out tonite! But I must say that the snow (if you can even call it that) was pretty. Peaceful. Quiet. The kind of snow I can handle. :) But...feel free to bottle up some of those sunny skies and bring them back here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are making the most of the mundane activities in domestic life. :)
    I'm actually glad that it's cold here - I like it to feel like winter for a while at least. A steaming mug of cappuccino coming up. I have a little lollipop of chocolate stuff and homemade marshmallow to melt in a mug of hot milk on my counter. Ah, the good stuff.

    ReplyDelete