Pages

Friday, April 12, 2013

willicisms

This morning at breakfast, we had a converstion that went something like this.

Jenna: "Is is legal to talk on your phone in California?"

(simultaneously) Clint: "Yes."
                        Becca: "No."

Becca: "Well, it has to be a hands-free phone."

Jenna: "Oops. I've been talking illegally for the past 5 months then."

Becca: "I used to have a blue tooth, but I lost it. And then I lost the one Noah got me for Christmas."

Noah: "That's very irresponsible of you, Mom."

Will: "Mom, can I see your lost tooth?" (said while peering into Becca's mouth.)

 that look!
Will is my sidekick (when he decides to be). If I'm making anything in the kitchen, and he comes in, it's "Oooh, watcha makin'? Can I help?" (And after our cookies are in the oven, I get to wipe up all the flour he managed to spill down the length of the cupboards.)
If I'm wearing my cleaning gloves (and I do every time I clean, honest. They are orange and floral and make cleaning so much more glamorous...whatever it takes, right?), Will pops his head around the corner, "Ooh, can I help? How about you do the hard parts and I'll do the easy parts?" Then he sets to scrubbing the grout with the toothbrush I hand him. (And after he gets worn out scrubbing, I get to sop up the majority of the water he's spilled from the cleaning bucket.)
And he's got his own little hoe & leather gloves to do yard work in. And I daren't feed the goats the wheelbarrow full of weeds we've pulled without him! (And then I get to push him up the hill in it after it's emptied. "Faster, Janna! Dad goes faster than this!")
And when I started washing my car the other morning, guess who came running out, tripped over the hose, and hauled himself back up yelling, "Ja-nna! Can I help? I'll use the hose!" (And then I spent 20 minutes hauling hot water from the house to fill up his little tub so he could "swim" in water that wasn't ice cold from the hose.)
Hmmm...I didn't realize I was this manipulated til now! But really, I love it:). We do have fun together. And when he pulls my head down to whisper, "I love you," in my ear, then giggles into his hands with that look, I know I'd haul 15 gallons of hot water for him all over again.

3 comments:

  1. Awww, so sweet. I remember "swimming" in buckets with Shara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hysterical! Gotta love those little comments.
    Can't believe we ever fit into 5 gallon buckets, Wendy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, kids just have a way of tugging at our heart strings, don't they? I'll clean up lots of messes just to have a "helper". Thanks for sharing your Sunshine!

    ReplyDelete