Pages

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

easter

How was your Easter? 
My weekend in Oregon seemed to be one of hope & promise. Everywhere, there were signs of life: the flower beds were a chorus of bright colors, all nodding their agreement to my own happy thoughts. Pale pink petals from the flowering plums sifted down in a clematis-scented breeze. The magnolia tree unfurled her waxy petals for me while I was there. A rainbow framed the Sinn home on Saratoga Drive upon my arrival--and then the rest of the days, it was sunny enough to rival SoCal. All spoke of a lovely future in Oregon, of a promise that all will be well there, that God is the author of this most recent & exciting change. And it was Easter even, a remembrance of His even more precious gift. How could it not be good?!
I love being a part of the "Thomas Sinn" goings-on. Jesse & Laura were there for the weekend, so it was the total clan. Lots of good food again--lamb on Easter, impromptu hikes, walks on the berry roads, a day spent at Pacific City beach. I managed not to disgrace myself tumbling down the giant sand dune this time:). (I knew then, three years ago, I'd never live it down. And waaaay in the back of my mind, I felt like Oregon would be my home one day. Isn't life funny?)  But wow, what a gorgeous day! Seventies & sunny. SoCal had nothing on Oregon that day. It's hard to believe this will be a reality for me, to be able to pack up a cooler & head out to the coast for the day, to have waterfalls in my backyard, flowers blooming in February. I won't have to try too hard to make my family come visit, methinks. 


4 comments:

  1. Wow! So pretty and spring-y. We're probably going to miss every bit of our magnolia tree's bloom this year, so it was nice to see a picture of one.
    And it sounds like you had a lovely weekend. We'll come visit when we can :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks lovely! Still no flowers here :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks lovely. It does make me sad, though, to think of you spending all your holidays without our awesome family though. Pretty flowers, sand dunes, and the coast can't hold a candle to us. :) Glad you're happy though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. pure bliss!!!
    What a delight to have our minds stirred by this vision of what we most assuredly know is coming.....the sweet scents of Spring!
    Did I ever tell you how much I love Oregon!....:)

    ReplyDelete