Pages

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

olivia rory

The baby the Sinn's have been anxiously awaiting FINALLY arrived- the day we left for Kansas naturally. Little Olivia was not the boy we all thought she was going to be. I myself was convinced she was a boy! No one minds though:) she is the sweetest little thing with dark hair & a habit of sticking out her lower lip. I keep dreaming of all the things I can make for her (headbands! Mini aprons! Pompom fringed somethings), do with her (sleepovers! Paint little nails! girls trips!), & just get to know her. And know her from her first moment on. She will be the next-door niece. For the past year, (yes, it's nearly a year), my dearly beloved niblings have been too far away. That won't change. And it makes me sad. Now, I'll have one close again. Its a little bittersweet, this ever-changing life we live. I hope my far nieces & nephews never feel any less loved or enjoyed than my new near niece. When I hold her, I'm holding Finn Avery, too. When Riley's showing me how to cast a line, or is finding me a birds nest, part of my heart is in a sun-dappled lawn outside Forrest, IL with 3 other (not-so-little-anymore) little boys. I love these little people that have stolen my heart. And each new one always shocks me into discovering I have yet more love from somewhere to give them, just when I thought I was overflowing as it was. 
Uncle Dar was quite pleased to have a near niecey, too. We might have to start setting a timer for holding her!





No comments:

Post a Comment