Pages

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

In a strait betwixt two

I recently got back from a week in Illinois. It's been too long (4.5 months) since I've been back. Life just keeps on keepin' on. My little nephews aren't little anymore; My littlest niece is talking in complete sentences; there's a new nephew; the home I grew up in is no longer my home; my brothers are all adults now (What?! Who thought it would ever happen?); friends have come, gone, been married, had children. Homesickness hits me hardest when I'm home. It becomes obvious how much I'm missing, the little moments, the new teeth coming in, the latest crushes, the lost accents of a certain niece & nephew, just life as I knew it. But alas, I am where I am, & though I can't quite reconcile it in my mind, I am happy here & want to be here as much as I want to be with my family in Illinois. Paul's words, "For I am in a strait betwixt two," sums up my sentiments. All that emotional verbiage aside, it was a wonderful trip. Nothing big planned, just everyday life & I got to be in on it.
 
 There were a few monopoly games, which we never finished.
A birthday party for a new 4-year old, complete with helicopter cake curtesy of his pastry chef mother. He will always have the coolest cakes. 
 A rousing game of croquet
Lots of swimming. I swam every day but two. I forgot what humidity feels like!
Visits with old friends. We never would've guessed 5 years ago where we'd all be today. 
Despite the way it looks, I don't have favorite nieces or nephews. I just always had my camera when little Mad was around!



The sweetest & latest (for now! Any day now...$
A trip to Champaign with mom & Carmen to a salvage store to look for bits for their new homes. Good thing I knew I couldn't take anything back!

A quick trip to the Bloomington children's museum. It was a hit. 

Mom-on her phone a usual:). The kids lasted maybe 5 minutes before getting wet in the little stream. 





Lunch at Two Blokes On a Bus. A fun, albeit hot, experience.


My older nephews wanted me to document every flip so hey could see how cool they looked. Hey, I think they looked pretty cool! 

I miss them all already, but I was ready to come back to Oregon & all that I've come to love here. I'll be in a strait betwixt the two til I die I suppose. 

3 comments:

  1. That is one sad looking trampoline.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I've been waiting for this post - miss you already. I'm sure Ollie does too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are SUCH an amazing photographer!! (Been looking through past posts...)

    ReplyDelete