Pages

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

tuesdays with olivia

I get to spend Tuesday afternoons with my newest & only Oregon niecey. She's a sweet pea. We get along great. I do my thing & she scoots around on my slick wood floor, dusting under the chairs, etc. It's really good practice & is giving me an idea of what we'll need to deck our apartment out with when baby comes. (I'll take recommendations, people. Any tips on strollers? I want a jogging one, but I'm not sure what kind...thanks!) I hope baby's happy with my old toys & Dar's lone tractor...I dislike plastic, primary-colored toys! But alas, I think that's what catches infant's eyes. Olivia doesn't seem to mind our sad collection: right now, she's happy with a glass to chew on & pretend to drink out of. And books. She eats out of the same Precious Moment dish I ate out of. She doesn't complain about having to sleep on the floor. 
It's amazing to me how fast she evolves: I'm a little worried what's going to happen next week, because I'm afraid she's going to be crawling. Last week, she couldn't get up on her hands & knees. This week, she was, & rocked back & forth, intent on moving. Next week...gotta babyproof the place! Also, sorry for the blurriness of the photos. I dropped my camera on the pavers when I was getting out of my car & now the autofocus is having some issues. It was quite traumatic, I can assure you! Not sure if I'm going to allow myself to get a new lens--at least not til after the pregnancy's over!
 **no babies were hurt in the taking of these pictures. Uncle Dar loves his little niecey too, & was very excited to see her. It gets me all mushy inside to think of him with our little one. To hear him coming up our apartment steps after a day's work & scoop up little babes & smother him/her with love & kisses...can't wait!


2 comments:

  1. She is just too cute! :) I'm sure it's great practice, not that I think the two of you won't be simply amazing parents...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures of your husband holding baby ... too cute!

    ReplyDelete