Pages

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

in everything give thanks

DIY paper medallions are an inexpensive party decoration. Find out how to make them here: http://www.bhg.com/party/birthday/themes/fresh-indoor-garden-theme-party/?socsrc=bhgpin061412#page=4

Scattered. That's how I feel lately. But content. Very content & happy. I bounce from one project to the next, one event to the next, one idea to another. When I'm not at work, I feel like all I've been doing is making pretty things. Which makes me VERY happy. 
I've been very blessed at my job to have been given the responsibilities of making the store look pretty & festive. They let me work on projects at home & pay me for it...I know. I KNOW! With Christmas around the corner, in retail circles anyway, (good grief, give me Thanksgiving first!) I've been madly making old book page pinwheels inspired by those above. An old calligraphy book I rescued from that old shed the Sinns tore down last year offered up some pretty yellowed pages. I'm painting some branches white & hanging ornaments from them in the store, too. Maybe I'll get around to decorating my own house again.
We're planning to fly to Ohio on Christmas Day though, so I'm not sure how much decorating I'll do. That's when it's really awesome that I decorate the store--I get my festive fix in somehow!
Just a photo of my work space to keep it real. 
All this crafting is making me antsy to dive into a little dream I've had for a while now. I'd love to start an esty shop. One that sells useful, pretty things. Things I can make with my hands. Things that will be reached for,seen, & used daily, that could be ugly & ordinary, but instead are beautiful. Things that will brighten up a mundane task of a stay-at-home mom. Not useless things though. Like a sturdy apron perhaps, with big pockets & one for a cell-phone. But in a vintage floral pattern with a big flower just because. Or an art print with one of my favorite verses on it to remind what really matters. Or a set of thank-yous to spread the love & gratitude. Or a beyond-cute pair of knitted maryjanes for a certain little someone. So far, I've made a grand total of one thing for it. My goal is to have a collection ready to post by February, just in time to have a newborn & not be able to work on it for a few weeks:). 
It's been exciting to dream about though. And it's making me more anxious than ever to meet this little one growing away inside me. (Which is a strange, beautiful, amazing concept.) The weeks have been passing, some quickly, some not. But here I am, at 23 weeks, with a baby over a pound making himself felt daily now! Darwin can feel the kicks & nudges now & I love how giddy it makes him. Sharing this time with him has been great for our marriage. I was a little worried how it would change things, & to be honest, he's gotten a little more apprehensive as reality sinks in. But we're both terribly excited & can't wait to meet him/her!
This is my one grand project for the future etsy shop: it sums up my thoughts right now. The good, the bad, the hard, the lovely, the disappointments, the broken water heaters, the rain, the cold.
Til next time, 
jenna

1 comment:

  1. You are so creative! I've always been envious of people who can look at ordinary tossed aside things and see their potential. I try. I really do. But I still see 'ordinary tossed aside' thing!

    Hopefully we can see each other in December!

    ReplyDelete