Pages

Thursday, March 5, 2015

farm life update no. 6

Things are BLOOMING! It's an early year & the farmers are a little worried we might get some freezing weather & nuke the berry yield for the year, but there's nothing they can do. So we've just been enjoying it instead. "Take no thought for the morrow".
All the equipment's serviced & been put to work fertilizing & spraying. The swallows are here for the year, as sure a sign of spring as any. 
Dar's been putting in some drip line irrigation at one of the farms so they can water the blueberries even while they're being harvested. My mouth waters just thinking about handfuls of plump dusky berries! I can't wait!
The gardener's been hard at work at our abode, planting, pruning, mowing. Seriously. It was so strange to smell freshly cut grass last week through the open window. And, I know, open windows? I'm not trying to rub it in!




I've been hard pressed to stay inside & get things done. Good thing I'm supposed to be taking it easy these days:).

I can still see my feet if I lean out a bit!

My windowsill is always laden with flowers. May yours be too!

1 comment:

  1. Sigh. I could stare at this post all day long! Let me look out my window ... oh right ... snow. Sniff a flower for me!

    ReplyDelete