Pages

Thursday, November 8, 2012

let this be an adventure

In two days, I will no longer be a Midwesterner. For the first time in my life.
This is the beginning of something new, and an adventure, I think.
(my fortune cookie from a time I don't remember. But I've had it for a while.)
 
My feet are starting to just itch for sunny San Diego, a new chapter, an open door (finally), another place to shape me into who I'm supposed to be. If I said I were purely full of excitement, I'd almost not be lying. But there is a small crevice deep inside, where my family & friends have carved out a little niche that won't be filled by anything else. That crevice will be reserved for them always. Yet, I know this is the next step for me, just like I knew when Columbus was over. Just like when I knew Columbus was starting. It seems God would have me to be a bit of a tumbleweed. I can't say that I mind all that much. Someday I'd like a little place to call my own, with a bookcase full of MY books, and a china cabinet showcasing the 2 sets of dishes, 6 sets of glasses, 2 cakeplates, etc, I already own, a niche for my yellow velvet chair, & the satisfaction of it being mine. But until then, San Diego's not a bad place to spend the winter.
 
As a nod to Alex, I want to thank everyone for putting up with my restlessness, job complaints, etc up til now. It's hard to explain how much you all mean to me, how ready I am to get away, & how those 2 aren't related at all, but are both true. I think you know what I'm trying to say. After all, you are my family & friends.
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment