Pages

Saturday, November 17, 2012

my califamily

I feel a little ashamed for my total dropped-of-the-face-of-the-earthedness. You'd understand if you saw the mountain I'm currently dwelling on. And there's 3 little demands on my time that make phoning rather difficult. That, and my phone aversion. I've named my family here "my Califamily," which they will be referred to hereafter.  Here is my perspective on the Califamily:
WILL
This is typical of Will. He is so aptly named. My strategy right now with him is playing hard to get & distraction. "Don't say no to me!" is his favorite phrase. Ah, he will succeed in life, no doubt. And yet, the little monster is slowly weaseling his way into my heart. Reminds me of Wes somehow...

NOAH
 Then there's Noah. Kenny#2 if ever there was one. He loves to make people laugh & will go to great lengths to achieve this. He even has the same habit of blinking his pretty brown eyes frequently to try & make you think he's innocent. He's my baking sidekick.

SOPHIE
Sophie is the oldest. I can totally relate to her; feeling like I want to grow up, then deciding I really just want to play velcro ball. Life is one big drama for her, with events like the billygoat bullying all the other goats a major tragedy worthy of tears and drastic action. She loves to read & is very self-disciplined with her schoolwork.
 
It's a little strange, fitting into a family that's not my immediate family. But it feels so natural, like slipping on a pair of shoes from someone else but realizing they fit perfectly. They'll never replace my own, but my Califamily would never try to do that anyway. Every new day that goes by though, I feel a little more at home, learn a little more about them, love my own family a little more, and try to praise God in it all. It also helps that I will have Forrest people in church my first two Sundays!
 

3 comments:

  1. We're going to love your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That "don't say no to me" is a phrase I hear around here as well...
    Have fun with the kids! They do remind me of your some of your nephews.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! The first time Will told me that, Rebecca tried to apologize for him. I told her, "River is king of that phrase back home!" I can just hear him, "Don't say no, Mom, don't say no!"

    ReplyDelete