Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

sophie's afternoon arrangement

We're making great strides! Will told me he loved me! In all seriousness even, without his little 3-year old way of sarcasm. How that little squirt can pack such a wallop in his insults is, well, insulting. I do really love the little guy. There are things I love about each of the kids. Noah and I bond over Calvin & Hobbes; we read it together every night. For school, we are going to write our own comic strip. I made a caricature of Noah for it. He was not impressed and told his mom I was making fun of him. So we had a brief lesson in caricatures. Unfortunately, I threw it away, so you can't see it.
Sophie and I have gone shopping together. Tomorrow (maybe), we are going to work on starting a watercolor painting. She is who I was 10 years ago. Except taller. This was a floral arrangement she made this afternoon from found nature objects. I am quite impressed with the asymmetrical balance & modern appeal of it. The colors are gorgeous together, aren't they? Perhaps Sophie has a future in floral design.
A note from Soph: I was just feeling a bit creative at the moment! When I see something pretty and I'm feeling bored but creative, I think of something to do! Who knows? Maybe I will become a florist someday!   Sophi
As for Will & I...well, for now, I'm just going to focus on the fact that he loves me.

2 comments:

  1. Tell Sophie she did a fabulous job! Noah will have to check out the caricature of Tory and I sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful progress report -- even with his quirks, there's no way a person can't love Will. And to be loved in return...double blessing! Sophi, you are blessed to have your own resident artist. We'll look forward to lots of gorgeous floral creations and watercolors. What's the name of the new collaborated comic strip? Is Noah II the main character?
    We hope this blog is a little literary outlet for you, Jenna; we appreciate it on this end.

    ReplyDelete