Pages

Monday, February 23, 2015

the Califamily in Oregon

I had the wonderful opportunity to host my previous hosts over the weekend. It was absolutely lovely to see them all again--to pick up where we'd left off almost two years ago (can it really be that long already?!). Their visit was all too brief, only one night, but we packed in as much as we could. 
The boys loved the golf course & even got Dar to get up early Sunday morning to play some croquet on it:)). I'm so glad Oregon put her best foot forward so they'll want to come back. It was a sunny, verdant day when they arrived & the daffodils & plum trees did their best to impress the Southern Californians. 
Some things have changed since I last saw them: the boys are getting woefully close to passing me up in height, Sophie is more mature than ever, I have my own personal little charge coming up, Will is in school. Some things haven't changed since I last saw them: they still love Irish coffee blondies:), Clint still imbibes iced coffee, the boys still try to dodge hugs when I see them, & the front seat of my Buick is as sought-after as ever. 

Here's a photo from this trip & one from two years ago. Oh my! I'm even wearing heels!
My hiatus in California seems like a dream. Did I really live there in the eternal sunshine & mountains? Did I really have pomegranates growing along my driveway & an avocado orchard across the valley? Did I really get to enjoy learning these three little people's quirks & isms & be part of their everyday lives? Did I really get to be friends with their parents & a slew of people from church? It was such a gift to be part of their everydays, and be at their dinner table, & be part of the pet chores & see them at their most genuine & real--in the good moments & not so good moments. 
I thank God for those six months. And wait expectantly for the Califamily to come back to visit Oregon, for longer next time. 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! So glad you had this reunion. After just six short months, your lives are forever interwoven!
    M&N

    ReplyDelete