Pages

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

baby moon


"Babymoon" is such a trendy term that evokes images of upper middle class Americans who live comfortably & have nice savings accounts & 10 year plans. I'm a little embarrassed to have gone on one. But I suppose we are middle class Americans with a savings account (whether or not there is always something in it is another story). And I did want one last little getaway before we become a threesome. I'm glad we went. 
It was nice to be just the two of us.
  Despite less than ideal weather--the worst storm of the winter was scheduled to hit the day we were there--we had a lovely time. We agonized over spending a little more money for an oceanfront room, but we went for it, thinking we might be spending the majority of our stay inside watching gales of wind & torrents of rain from our window. It didn't end up being quite that bad. We were able to go on a dusky beach walk with some peeps of pink sunset sky. The next morning we woke to sunshine & the crash of waves & a view that makes ones heart ache a little it's so beautiful & wild. It was absolute luxury to be able to sip good coffee & see the never-ending waves crashing relentlessly around Haystack Rock & on the sand--all from bed! 




 Sometimes I still have to stop & just wonder that I'm in such a beautiful place. That I'm married to such a sweet, godly man. That we are going to be...parents? Parents! soon. That God has brought me on such an unpredictably wonderful journey. I never imagined this is how my life would look six years ago. Six years ago, I was getting ready to go to Haiti on a mission trip with a troubled heart & no real relationship with my Savior. The future looked so hard & bleak & impossible. I didn't know what to do. Feelings of helplessness & quiet despair filled me. It's still hard to explain how I was able to give it all to Jesus & let Him carry my burdens & learn to trust Him. But really, all that matters, praise God, I was able to!
 And now this is my life: all three of us & an overwhelming sense of peace that no matter what life brings, I am not alone.

Thank God for His faithfulness!

3 comments:

  1. Sigh. Looks beautiful! When you're up for the sixth night in a row, weary with a little hungry bundle in your arms, you can close your eyes, smile, and remember your awesome trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We decided watching a little one enjoy the ocean & play in the sand would be almost as fun as a romantic getaway at least! Though we do have to get through a lot of sleepless nights before that will happen...til then, we will savor our baby moon:)

      Delete
  2. Agreed! Very beautiful indeed. Every now and then I wonder what in the sam hill you're doing all the way in Oregon...and then I see why. :)

    ReplyDelete