Pages

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Valentine's Day 2015

I'm not a roses/chocolate kind of girl. Roses are over-rated & I like chocolate in small, dark doses. Am I a make-a-really-good-dinner-at-home-with-my-man kind of girl? You bet! Dar planned the menu & did most of the cooking. That, people, is pure luxury these days. Even if he weren't an excellent chef, (which he is), it would be so nice to just sit back & watch someone else cook. 
 The menu:
Marinated Lamb Leg Chops-which were to die for! We decided then & there we will raise lambs. 
Fresh Green Beans
Roasted Fingerling Potatoes
Creamy Parmesan Mushrooms
Italian Salad
Creme Brulee

My biggest regret was that baby is taking up more than her share of abdominal space & I couldn't eat nearly the amount I wanted to. 
 Oh, & while I may not be a roses kind of girl, I sure am a pluck a bouquet from the garden kind of girl. The daffodils aren't quite in full swing yet, but Dar thoughtfully picked them days ago & forced them open inside so he'd have some to give me on Valentine's Day. He's pretty sweet.

And on another note: here are a few simple watercolors I had fun doodling out in honor of the day of love. I'd love to sell this kind of thing on etsy, but I'm not quite there yet. Someday though!



And I can't claim to be the creator of these sweet little notes, but they were sure fun to get in the mail from my three oldest nephews--even if the main topic of conversation was to tell Riley hi & to make sure I have a boy! And, testimony to being sisters, these notes looked oddly familiar to me when I opened them. I finally remembered: they were a free print-off from a Seattle lady's blog I follow. Unbeknownst to both of us, my sister & I were following the same blog! (jonesdesigncompany.com if you're interested. Lots of cute little tutorials & inspiration for everyday life.)
So, that's my 2015 Valentine's Day in a nutshell. Wonderfully loved, I am.

3 comments: