Pages

Monday, April 13, 2015

Easter 2015

I started typing this post over a week ago. It's crazy how a week at home can fly by so quickly & with so little to show! But it was good to wait: it gave me time to reflect on what Easter is. There aren't photos that can capture that, so you will have to settle for some pathetically shallow ones of us in our Easter finery.

We had a beautiful Easter this year. I have to confess that it was hard for me to focus on what Easter really means with the little Fiona occupying all my waking (& a lot of sleeping!) thoughts. But going back to church & again hearing the beautiful story of redemption helped. And having little Fee has given my heart a glimmer of what it really meant for God to give His Son, His only beloved Son as a sacrifice that we might live. It brings tears to my eyes just to think about my sweet darling daughter being tortured & betrayed, rejected by me, the one she implicitly trusts & looks to to meet all her needs. Yet that's what God did, & more. For a wretched race of people, some of whom will live their entire lives belittling & making a mockery of His ultimate gift of love. How serious it is! And I am ashamed to confess I think of it lightly all too often. I take it for granted. I think of how angry & hurt I would be if people rejected my daughter's good deeds--& that is a weak comparison to Christ's act of love! It was good to think about.
We spent Sunday with Mom & Dan & the Sinn's. I'm so thamkful for our wonderful families!


And this man & his daughter...it's impossible to describe the love I feel for both & how soft I feel to see the adoration he already has for her. I pray we will be good parents; patient, kind, & loving, able to confess mistakes & ask forgiveness. I pray little Fee will come to know what Easter means by our everyday example & teaching. Right now, it's hard to imagine her sweet innocence turning to a need for forgiveness, but it will happen. And when it does, I pray she can think of what Easter means & reach out to her Savior.
Hope your Easter was as thought-provoking & lovely!

1 comment:

  1. Love your cute Easter outfit! Hey, didn't you just have a baby? It certainly doesn't look like it! =)

    ReplyDelete