Pages

Friday, April 3, 2015

tulips & babies

I love tulips. They are kind of bright & gaudy, but they are unpretentiously so, & herald spring. It's hard to imagine looking at a field of tulips & not being cheered up. With the Wooden Shoe Tulip Festival in full swing, and since I've been feeling pretty good, it seemed a shame not to go. My brother Evan, & sister-in-law, Laura, were here from the Midwest, so we went. It was a little breezy, but was sunny & the cheery tulips overshadowed any chilly breeze. It was so fun to watch Livy tramp through the tulips--no tiptoeing there!
Evan was the only one of my family who got to see Fiona right away. He'd been planning to come out over his spring break anyway, & it happened to line up with my due date. Yay! He was thrilled (insert sarcasm) with his new little niece & couldn't stop holding her & exclaiming how adorable she was. Well, he didn't say that, but I know he was thinking it. He is a man of few words. And don't you love that curl in the middle of his forehead?



 Little Kaso was a good sport with all the females (& Ev). Ten months ago, there were no grandchildren in the Tom Sinn family. Now there are three! And this is only the beginning. I'm so glad my children with have oodles of cousins to pal around with out here. It will be another generation of Sinn closeness.

 Little Fee slept the whole time, bundled up. She's been a little peach when I've taken her out. . I am twitterpated:).




 It will be so fun when the cousins are a little older & can fight interact. The family dynamics will change, but it will be good.

I'm so thankful for my sisters-in-law & bright flowers! It is hard not to think of God's blessings when I look at these photos of the people I've come to love & the beautiful brilliance of acres & acres of tulips.

1 comment: