Pages

Monday, March 21, 2016

Fiona turns one!

I am mother to a one-year-old now. That sentence is a strange one to read! What a year of changes this little sparkle of joy has brought to our lives! She's spunky, & silly, & sweet, & sometimes sassy. I can't get enough of her. She started walking a month ago, & doesn't ever sit still anymore. This girl hustles places! It's always full-steam ahead. 
We celebrated her birthday with Dar's family. All decorations & food & the rest of the fabulousness of her party was planned by Aunt Erinn. I was in charge of the smash cake, & got to sit back & enjoy the rest. 





 It was a lovely day. Absolutely perfect for celebrating. It's been raining here in the good ol' green PNW for weeks, so having a sunny day was a better birthday present than anything! Fee loved her time spent outdoors!
 This scene is one that will be a familiar one, I'm sure. Fee adores her older cousin. These two...I don't even want to imagine the shenanigans they will dream up! It's just the beginning. I'm so thankful Fee has a girl cousin close to her age. One of my best  childhood friends, and still is a best friend, is one of my cousins. Life without her would've been quite dull! I pray Livy & Fee have as easy-going & comfortable relationship as we had.
 For her smash cake, I made a from scratch vanilla cake (only because I didn't have a box mix on hand), with fresh strawberry frosting. I'm not a huge cake fan, but the strawberry frosting is pretty yummy.
Fee loved the frosting, too! She didn't get too messy, but she did do a number on the frosting!

You were so loved on your birthday. The gifts came all week in the mail from your IL family. Your Oregon family spoiled you, too. The more I learn of the heartache & abuse in the world, the more grateful & humbled I am that we have such supportive, loving family. You are getting such a good start on life, and have so much more than most!

Oh, little Fee. It's hard to believe you're one. What a gift you've been! I can't imagine my life without you. There are times I resent the time you take, & how needy you can be, & the challenge you've made it to get any husband/wife time. But we love you so. And you've started making us laugh! You've got a good sense of humor, & the ability to get up & keep going, no matter how often you fall! Watching your personality blossom has been my favorite. I love the newborn smell, the soft sweetness, the pure innocence, but one-year has me pretty smitten.

As much as we love you, we want you to know that the God who made you loves you more & perfectly. It is our greatest wish for you that you would feel that & know Him always. You are His, & we are honored to be the parents that get to guide you to Him! May your 2nd year be as full as the first.

1 comment: