Pages

Friday, March 11, 2016

Recipe | Irish coffee blondies

Every year around this time, I pull out an old Martha Stewart Living magazine & open it up to a grease-stained, crumby, creased page. It's easy to find because it's been opened to this page so many times! Irish coffee blondies. They are amazing. Bars don't typically tempt me. But these have coffee, toasty slivered almonds, & a whisky glaze. I have a hard time not shoveling them in. Especially with a hot cuppa! 
Today seemed like a good day to make them: the view from my window almost makes me feel like I'm on the Emerald Isle! That, and we're heading to the coast later today, so roadtrip snack.
Anyway, these bars will not let you down. And St. Patrick's Day is next week. Not like they need any other excuse to be made. I used to make them anytime of year for my Califamily back when I lived in the Golden State. They were a hit there. I made a bribe batch to bring up to Dar's family when we were engaged. 

 Here's the recipe. I got lazy & just took a photo of the recipe. Here's a link to it as well. I follow the recipe pretty much as it is. I do bake them for 29 minutes, & they're still delightfully chewy. If I don't have Irish whiskey around (which I usually don't), I use rum extract instead. Vanilla would work if you don't like the flavor of whiskey. I just think, they're Irish, so...you know. And they're best eaten with coffee!
Anyway, try these! You will love them. 

Also, head on over to my instagram @likepearlsonastring for a fun giveaway! It ends tomorrow night, so go enter now! 

Have a happy weekend! 



1 comment: