Pages

Thursday, July 25, 2013

finding four leaf clovers

I've always had a fascination with four-leaf clovers--not that I really believe they are lucky--but I think their scarcity attributes a kind of je ne sais quoi. And I do seem to have a strange affinity for finding them. Dar & I were walking around the farm one day, & I simply bent over & plucked one out of a patch of clover. He was quite impressed. Or he was until it became an almost daily occurrence. I kid you not.
  So there you have it. Some people can sing like a canary or do a tax return in 15 minutes flat or fix a broken car door window with a screw & a saw (which my man did, by the way): but me, I find four leaf clovers. Which seems a fitting introduction for unveiling our new little apartment. Which we will be living in in less than a month. I was a little skeptical & slightly miffed at the very beginning when my dear husband sprung the idea of moving on me JUST as I was getting all unpacked & organized. It was an apartment in the home of an older lady whose companion had just passed away, closer to the farm, in the country (i.e. no neighbors...country boys, argh), bigger, etc, etc. But slowly, I kept feeling more & more like it was what we were supposed to do. So I gave my (sort of irrelevant--his heart was set) consent, without looking at it or even meeting our new landlord. It just felt right. And then...I saw it. I will let the photos speak for themselves & add only one comment. Or two. Our new landlord, the older lady, is wonderful. She's a spunky woman with a bent towards art & collecting dishes, two of my favorite past times. If there were any old lady I'd pick to live with, it would be one like her. She reminds me of Cornelia, in the Anne of Green Gables books, a true "race of Joseph" type. We will get along just fine.
 It has a microwave, oh happy day!
 This is the view from one of our windows. I got a little teary-eyed when I looked out here, & felt God's goodness at providing above & beyond for us. 
 She also likes wallpaper, that wonderful woman. 

 Oh, & did I mention it has a china cabinet? And a couch, kitchen table, chairs, & washer & dryer. All things we hadn't bought yet. Why, I don't know. But now it makes all kinds of sense. God-sense. 





 And you can even see Hood:) (If you tilt your laptop screen & squint, it's about an inch to the right of the pine on the far horizon.)

10 comments:

  1. I would say it is an upgrade! And no, not a coincidence that you hadn't bought that furniture yet. God knows best! BTW, I have some Blueberry Boy Bait in the oven. We will see if it lives up to it's name :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello...so...I don't know you and you don't know me. But my sister Chelsie lives in OR and showed me your blog because you write a lot like our older sister! I'll most likely be a silent reader most of the time but I had to express that this house looks super fun. I hope your time there is wonderful : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm... I sense a very deep spiritual lesson in trusting God when He has already seen what's ahead of you and knows... it's very good despite the known comforts, etc. you see right before you with which you struggle to let go. Love you, little sis, and am so excited to see your journey continue to unfold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tis true, DanielleS. It has been a lovely journey so far!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely Charming!!!
    GOD IS SOOO GOOD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh, hearing how God has lead you here is really precious to me right now and someday when I take the time to send you a personal email, I will tell you why it's so precious. God certainly knows how to give good gifts to His children. Rejoicing with you over your cute home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Can't wait to hear the story:)

      Delete
  7. It's so lovely. I hope you never get tired of the view! Miss you...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks lovely! I guess I won't need to go furniture shopping with you when we come out. :) Which by the way, River is beside himself with anxiety to go to OR - not sure if you or the airplane ride is the bigger pull!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That little stinker!! His auntie is rather anxious to see him, plane aside.

      Delete