Pages

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

sunday at The Coast


Sunday afternoon we took a break from berries and headed out to the beach. COAST, I mean. These Oregonians call it "The Coast" and you can just tell they're saying it with a capital "C" as if it's the one & only coast in the world. Although...I suppose I am one of them now, so...it is a lovely coast:). The problem you always run into out here is that the coast is frequently foggy & cold. We hit it right though, and had sun most of the time. Up until sunset anyway. 
Evan & some other Midwest berry picker temps came along. I do have to admit that even as little as I see my little brother with his night schedule, it is pretty awesome to have him out here. Kind of like a little babystep to separation & a connection home. Anyway, it was a grand old time. I played the most intense game of ultimate frisbee ever (right, Kenton;)?) so it was rather nice that the sun went behind the clouds. 
I'm feeling a little more at home. I can navigate Hazelgreen & Howell Prairie decently well. And when they talk about "westerlies" & "heat domes" I know what they're talking about. I still get a little flutter when I see the sun setting over the mountains & realize this is my home now. Even Hood is starting to prove her magic & awe to me. 
(Also, just so you appreciate this post & the astounding amount of time & effort I put into it, here are some photos of what I should've been doing.)

Til next time:)

2 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! Guess since you are an OR dweller now, you should enjoy what it has to offer! River was excited to see a picture of Evan - I think he thought he fell off the face of the earth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's sweet of Riv:) Do I need to post some pics of me?...remind them of their auntie!

      Delete