Pages

Monday, February 17, 2014

a prayer for those who sorrow

This weekend was one of joy here in Oregon with a wedding & many visitors.
But in Illinois, it was one of loss & sorrow.

I don't feel like I can post photos of anything beautiful or talk of the first Valentine's Day Dar & I shared or the rainbows from Saturday or my first wedding photoshoot as I'd planned to when there are two families whose lives won't ever be the same. I remember being in that cold, numb place & seeing people go about their everyday lives & wondering how they could be so cold & heartless. Yet, that will be me this time. My day will go one. I will complete my little daily routines as I always do. Not every waking thought will be an aching one, wondering why. 

My heart goes out to the Kuntz family--Rollyn was my Sunday school teacher when my dad died, & I have a distinct memory of his gentle sympathy to my eight-year old self then. He reminded me of my dad; both were pig farmers of less-than-giant stature. Back then, we had no way of knowing that someday, I'd be able to return the empathy he offered me then. But I can, & I do. Their family has a rough road ahead of them. But looking back on my own family's journey since my dad died, I can attest that God is a wonderful, merciful, faithful God. And I pray that the Kuntz family would feel that, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment