Pages

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

w + k wedding weekend


Whew. The weekend was wonderful, albeit a blur of one. Wes + Kinsey make a...bright pair. They are both fond of humor, energetic, & love God in a lively way. My two brothers have both chosen to marry friends of mine (through no prodding on my part, I promise!) & it makes for an easy, natural transition into sisters-in-law. Living 2,000 miles away makes for some lamentable feelings of distance & being removed from the goings-on though. It was kind of strange to witness the weekend having only seen them together in person once. (!!). BUT, but, I know this is a beautiful arrangement of God & I can honestly say I have full confidence that their marriage will be one of vivacity, love, & illustrative of God's plan for a man & a woman. I only have small moments of worry & pity for Kinsey having to put up with Wesley's weirdisms. Kidding. Kind of. She will be able to handle him and laugh at his quirks. God knows what He's doing. 

Rehearsal Dinner




Small Moments in Between
A perk about being there for a wedding was that we were forced to spend the whole weekend with family. Such a shame:). My nieces & nephews are as charming as ever. They all still appear to remember their Aunt Jenna which is very thrilling for her. Roxy told her mom, "Why can't Darwin just buy that field [one in Illinois for sale] & farm out here?" River still talks about "his other house & his other car" in Oregon from their September 2013 visit. Madeira chose my arms over those of a local uncle :)). Sad for him, happy for me. 

 I LOVE this photo of my littlest niecey & the lovely woman she gets her looks from. Just look at that sweet little hand pulling her mama in for a hug:). 
 David commandeered my camera (as he usually does) & took some photos. I always love looking at the photos he takes--it's very telling what a 10-year old boy finds interesting & worthy of a photo. Plus, there are usually some (unattractive, but at least they prove I was there) photos of me.
 doing what they do best. 
 The Reception
We arrived in Illinois from the West Coast to find a winter wonderland. Although the locals may feel differently due to the longevity of it, we found it beautiful! The sun came out Saturday & Sunday to transform the blankets of snow into fields of sparkling diamonds. The blue sky came down & met the snow-capped horizon in a blue so pale, they just melded together & it was hard to tell where land ended & sky began. If you must get married in the winter, this is how it should be. Wesley + Kinsey couldn't have ordered a more beautiful wedding day. God's presence was definitely felt through His awesome show of nature. The decor at the reception reflected that with its sparkly blue accents & show-stopping real-live silver trees. (I don't have a photo of those unfortunately).  








 a drink bar that was a HUGE hit: hot chocolate with peppermint sprinkles, chocolate chips, whipped cream, mini marshmallows; coffee, cappuccino. Absolutely perfect for the time of year & sub-zero temperatures my poor Midwest has been experiencing.


 My sister Lisa planned their honeymoon for them. Their request? "Somewhere warm." They didn't know where they were going until shortly before leaving the reception. Do you think they were excited about going to Cancun? 
 and here is a photo of the snow so you can appreciate what they are leaving behind. 

It was a beautiful wedding. And Kinsey, welcome to the family:)

1 comment:

  1. Awesome recap of the wedding - and now I feel I should not even try to blog it as well with the paltry sum of pictures I have.
    Not that I don't look like an absolute dork but I'd like a copy of that picture of my girl and me. :) She's cute anyway.

    ReplyDelete