Pages

Friday, April 25, 2014

easter egg hunt 2014

I got a hankering to do an Easter Egg hunt as the flowers started blooming in full force & the leaves unfurled. And, as I have no nieces or nephews out here (yet! Only a few more weeks til I do!), I invited over some cousins & others from our church. The day was perfect for it; sunny, warm, lush, & fulfilled all my silly little dreams of children running around squealing in delight in sweet little Easter dresses & carrying charming baskets. I try, I really do, to do things because they are enjoyable & will be enjoyable for others, & not just because they will create pretty pictures. Sometimes you can have both:). Our little nest we live in now has beautiful, beautiful grounds & we feel very blessed to be able to use them. Our land lady is an absolute pearl of a woman & encourages us to take advantage of the lawn & golfcourse, which we do! The children had a ball finding the eggs Dar hid around, & begged us to do another one after they'd found all the now empty eggs. So sweet!



This other Jenna (in purple) is full of personality. You may remember her from here.



This was the little one's first egg hunt & after discovering these strange plastic eggs held candy, decided she didn't need to find anymore & would just enjoy the contents.







I'm so glad I have the church family I do, & that I feel comfortable asking young families in church to come over for a spontaneous egg hunt that day.
On a different note, I'm so glad there is an Easter, that we don't have to make sacrifices daily anymore, that Christ came, that He loves us so, that while life here can be fun & beautiful at times, there is a infinitely better place in heaven prepared for those that love & serve Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment