Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

farmlife update no. 9

Things are revving up on the farm. Dar's getting busier, the fields are starting to bud, the red of winter is fading to the green of spring, baby animals are being born, the crocuses are popping, the Sinns are migrating outside. 
 Fee loves the outdoors. Wallows in it. I have a feeling she's going to be more of a farmgirl than her mother...
It's time to go four-leaf clover hunting again!
 The blueberries are still getting pruned. (I think that's what they were doing anyway!)
The last of the shopwork is getting cranked out before the nice weather arrives to stay. 
Lots of "scouting" the berries. 
 She's been introduced to a farm spring: lots of meandering around, reintroducing ourselves to the workings of a Willamette Valley berry farm, one that's the heart & soul of the family living on it.

 Every farm kid has a pair of rubber boots. Because I am her mother, her boots are floral patterned. 
 It takes a boatload of Sinn's to ready the garden. I have so much to learn from them! Fee will absorb gardening know-how from day one. Lucky girl. Meanwhile, I will stand off to the side & take photos. Lucky me:). 


 Dar couldn't wait to show her the "cow bossies" & "calvies". Sinn lingo. This photo...just melts my heart. Fee in her little boots with baggy farmer jeans. She nailed the farm look. 
 She was absolutely fascinated by the cows. Not a bit afraid. Must be her dairy roots...:P.


 Life's going to get busier soon! I'm not sure I'm ready for harvest. I know I'm not. But we have a few months yet. A few flower-sprigged, mossy green, budding, blooming months.
I hope wherever you are, the crocuses are heralding spring!

5 comments:

  1. I love my girls in their rubber boots...flowers for Amyla and butterflies with heels that light up for Whitney. 😊 Farm life is stressful at times, but I think it's pretty great!

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very free (farm life, that is!). And congrats on the baby BOY! He'll need a different kind of rain boot:)!

      Delete
  2. Well today in fairbury IL we are having a snow blizzard and full force of wind also. But I sure hope that spring can be here any day now!! Love pictures of finona.. She sure know how to rock those boots;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When spring comes, it will stay. i lovelovelove those first warm days in IL! A reviving of the soul!

      Delete
  3. I always love your first pictures of spring!

    ReplyDelete