Pages

Monday, February 1, 2016

Valentines cards with a (corny) sense of humor

I become more like my mother every year in my love for all things festive & my increasingly corny humor. She can be counted on to have every seasonal sprinkle out there to decorate cookies with: Christmas trees, hearts, fall leaves, farm animals, snowflakes, shamrocks, she has them all. And napkins? Every holiday is represented. Four times over. She's a sucker for gaudy, holiday-themed displays. Target One Spot is my her weakness. And I love her for it. Not least because my hoard of festive paper straws & napkins is starting to rival hers... ( I tell myself, I need these paper straws for Etsy product shots!) And Fee loves them. 
It may be a little quirky, but it makes her such a good gift giver. And she loves to give gifts at random holidays. The randomer the better. I get a Valentines Day gift from her every year. One year it was an apron. A little red glass dish made it one year. A pair of gaudy heart-printed socks caught her eye. Last year it was a stir-crazy popcorn maker (it was red & wrapped in heart-printed paper, so it counts for Valentines Day).
So this latest set of cards I owe to my mother. Without her sharp eye for holidays & sense of humor (can we call it that? ;) ), I couldn't have created these. (If these tickle your funny bone, first let me offer you my sincerest apologies, & secondly, they are available in the etsy shop at a discount for you, dear readers, for putting up with my corny humor. Use code MOMLOVE for 10% off your purchase in my etsy shop.)







Mom, I love your gift-giving abilities. And I'm waiting with baited breath to see what shows up this Valentines Day!




2 comments:

  1. Ok Jenna, I love these. SO cute!! We must share some of the same genes. ;) Ashley Zimmerman

    ReplyDelete