Pages

Saturday, February 20, 2016

Fiona | 11 months

Here we are: 11 months. 
I'm kind of feeling like I don't have much to say about 11 months. All the first months, everything was new, she changed & developed so fast. Now, it feels kind of like a phone conversation that's gone on too long. The awkward, "Well...not much else is new here." 
 But this is the last month, so I can't quit now! I'll be straight & to the point though.

Food: she eats. A lot. Of everything & anything. She basically eats whatever we do. AND, she is on total dairy!! No adverse effects. I'm sooo thankful! That was definitely a challenge & trial, as silly as that may seem. No dairy = grumpy me.

Sleep: she mostly sleeps through the night. I still wouldn't trust her to be good at someone else's house overnight though (unfortunately). She's down to 1-2 naps a day. Usually for 2 hours. Typically, she'll go to bed around 9:30-10 & wake up at 8:30-9.

Personality: she is a little cheese. And is no shrinking violet. She can hold her own with cousin Livy. Most of the time she wants to be in the middle of the action & isn't afraid to take what she wants from others. Sigh. She isn't patient. At all. She doesn't cuddle unless she's sick. We've given up on cuddling with her in bed. To Dar's dismay.
 Development: She has taken a few steps here & there, but is very cautious. I keep thinking, "Any day now!" Coloring & scribbling with my stash of writing utensils (is that the right word?...) is becoming more & more common. I am praying that I get a colorer! Visions of therapeutic coloring sessions are dancing through my head! She mimics what we say. I think she's starting to connect words to their actual meanings, too. Cue little errand runner & thing getter. I'm looking forward to making her useful!
Teeth: Still just two on top & two on bottom, although she's had another one coming in on the bottom for weeks. Ugh. That & she got her first ear infection. We made it to 11 months without one though, so you know, we're doing good.

Next month I'll do a post on the big bash her aunties have been planning for weeks already!

1 comment:

  1. I'll tell you what's changed ... look at those thighs! =)

    ReplyDelete