Pages

Friday, February 26, 2016

Willamette Valley Pie is selling JKathrynDesign!

Just a quick little check-in this Friday to do share some exciting news. Remember the cute little pie shop I worked at pre-Fee? It was definitely a work of God that I got that job. It was a place to meet local farmers. I felt so "in the know" in the berry farming community: I knew the names, who Darwin was talking about, how the industry works, the history & high-drama of summer berry harvest. I am so thankful for that opportunity. It made me feel at home & belonged.
We stopped by the other day to check on MY PRINTS & CARDS that are for sale there. So excited to be selling them there! Had I not worked there, I wouldn't have had a relationship with the lady who buys products for the store! Anyway, here they are, all hung up & in a real-life, brick & mortar shop. Also, fyi local friends, if you buy my stuff here, it's cheaper than Etsy because I don't have to ship & pay for packaging.
 A random tidbit: I happened to be there the same time as a pastor from a church down the road that frequented the shop when I worked there. I don't know his name, but I know he always ordered a hazelnut latte & left $5 tips. It's been a year since I worked there (!!), and doubted he'd recognize me. But he did. "Hi! It's good to see you! How's your girl?" he asked. Cemented that sense of belonging! Almost like getting groceries at Dave's. :).
 The last photo doesn't have any of my prints in it, but don't they have the coolest farm stuff??
Anyway. There you have it. I am a legitimate maker & seller now. Pretty cool!

Have a fabulous weekend!

2 comments: